I've been job hunting for about 5 weeks now.
If I had to give myself a grade as to how I'm doing, I'd probably give myself a B minus. I could be doing a bit better, but overall, its not a bad effort.
Just in the last week, I've had 2 interviews, and I have one more tomorrow. That's not bad, right? However, the truth is, that these jobs aren't what I'm ideally looking for. But then lies the question of: Should I accept a job offer if I were to get one (strictly because I need to work and get back on my own two feet)? OR...do I wait until a better, or more appropriate, opportunity comes along? Of course, this means I could remain unemployed for weeks/months, forgoing the possibility of a paycheck in the meantime. The truth is: the jobs I want are practically impossible to find and in cities where I require work permits and visas that aren't easily granted.
So, what is the right thing to do? Settle for a mediocre job? Work harder for the dream job? Accept some sort of middle ground? I guess the answer is to never lose hope and believe that anything is possible. But in the meantime, it would be nice to have a bi-weekly paycheck. Sigh.